Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Watch YGO Zexal episodes

YGO deck discussion thread

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
YuseiYami

YuseiYami

YGO deck discussion thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: YGO deck discussion thread   YGO deck discussion thread - Page 2 Empty2011-03-04, 6:46 pm

Actually, extremely cool! (lightbulb Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
The Shang

The Shang

PostSubject: Re: YGO deck discussion thread   YGO deck discussion thread - Page 2 Empty2011-03-04, 6:49 pm

it's true about Red Nova, but in WC 2011 i always dump a lv1 tuner to the graveyard and then summon Junk Synchron, or i summon a lv1 tuner and special Creation Resonator. it could also be done with a lv1 and lv4 tuner, but i dont run Descending Lost Star. But i usually bust out 2 different synchro monsters instead of Red Nova, because it is more manageable. (i have summoned an 8000atk Red Nova though, late duel against ghost. it was game winning)
Back to top Go down
dark_dragon

PostSubject: Re: YGO deck discussion thread   YGO deck discussion thread - Page 2 Empty2011-03-04, 6:53 pm

@YuseiYami: Thanks, but which one do you refer to?

@The Shang: Haha, going Burning Soul like Jack is just available if you have sth like a super top deck hacker like Crimson Dragon as your invisible supporter. For me, I'd rather run an E-Hero Absolute Zero Deck with Deep Sea Diva x 3. That'd be much easier.
Back to top Go down
YuseiYami

YuseiYami

PostSubject: Re: YGO deck discussion thread   YGO deck discussion thread - Page 2 Empty2011-03-04, 6:58 pm

Synchro material actually is the card that misses in my Quickdraw-Swap. I have to find a way to put it in. Living off the opponent Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dark_dragon

PostSubject: Re: YGO deck discussion thread   YGO deck discussion thread - Page 2 Empty2011-03-04, 7:01 pm

YuseiYami wrote:
Synchro material actually is the card that misses in my Quickdraw-Swap. I have to find a way to put it in. Living off the opponent Very Happy
Man, welcome to the Group of Duelists who turn Evil when using Yusei's cards ROTFL
Back to top Go down
The Shang

The Shang

PostSubject: Re: YGO deck discussion thread   YGO deck discussion thread - Page 2 Empty2011-03-04, 7:05 pm

@dark_dragon

thats just it, i used no cheats whatsoever. i had Call of the Haunted facedown, had Speed Spell-End of the Storm in my hand with 6 SPC.

i drew Turbo Synchron. i used Speed World 2 to draw a new card at the cost of 7 SPC (raised to 7 during my standby phase) and drew Creation Resonator. i revived Red Dragon Archfiend, summoned the tuners, and BAM! Red Nova Dragon. since all the tuners in my deck were in my graveyard its atk raised to 8000 (9x500=4500).

i was all like DIE MEKLORD EMPEROR WISEL, DIE (because he had absorbed Stardust) and i won. im just a lucky bastard

oh wait, you werent serious were you? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dark_dragon

PostSubject: Re: YGO deck discussion thread   YGO deck discussion thread - Page 2 Empty2011-03-04, 7:08 pm

8000... that's insane Laughing Actually, I bet you can get through the game with just the Stardust Assault deck. Meklord will just be baka compared to Assault Mode Stardust, no?
Back to top Go down
YuseiYami

YuseiYami

PostSubject: Re: YGO deck discussion thread   YGO deck discussion thread - Page 2 Empty2011-03-04, 7:13 pm

Nice/sweet/cute deck usually dont work Smile But this deck isnt that 'evil' in itself, it only utilizes the evil opponent Very Happy (exept Helpoemer perhaps)
Back to top Go down
The Shang

The Shang

PostSubject: Re: YGO deck discussion thread   YGO deck discussion thread - Page 2 Empty2011-03-04, 7:16 pm

Stardust Assault would work well, but late game only mutiples will be useful because the opponents REALLY like to use Solemn Warning to ruin your perfectly executed strategy (they negated my Shooting Star and Red Nova dammit!)
Back to top Go down
dark_dragon

PostSubject: Re: YGO deck discussion thread   YGO deck discussion thread - Page 2 Empty2011-03-04, 7:21 pm

YuseiYami wrote:
Nice/sweet/cute deck usually dont work Smile But this deck isnt that 'evil' in itself, it only utilizes the evil opponent Very Happy (exept Helpoemer perhaps)
I'm clearly aware of how horrible Creature Swap could be, mate. Now combo Swap then Material... The fact that you're utilising opponent's stuff is evil enough itself. LOL Just imagine you Synchro Black Rose during the turn of your opponent by their monster leaving their field empty. Your turn, you get out a Shooting Star and use 1st effect, pick up at least 3 Tuner (3 is my best result so far, can't get any luckier...). If that's not evil, I must be a saint now LOL
Back to top Go down
The Shang

The Shang

PostSubject: Re: YGO deck discussion thread   YGO deck discussion thread - Page 2 Empty2011-03-04, 7:23 pm

your so evil it makes you a saint!
Back to top Go down
dark_dragon

PostSubject: Re: YGO deck discussion thread   YGO deck discussion thread - Page 2 Empty2011-03-04, 7:25 pm

The Shang wrote:
Stardust Assault would work well, but late game only mutiples will be useful because the opponents REALLY like to use Solemn Warning to ruin your perfectly executed strategy (they negated my Shooting Star and Red Nova dammit!)
Surely Stardust Assault won't work if your opponent is like that. I have a good trick though, activate Trap Stun during your Draw Phase, if your opponent passes their own priority to chain, you chain to summon as much as you can using Trap cards during Draw Phase. Then you are safe for the rest of the turn. XD
Back to top Go down
The Shang

The Shang

PostSubject: Re: YGO deck discussion thread   YGO deck discussion thread - Page 2 Empty2011-03-04, 7:29 pm

that is one way to avoid it, but what about Speed World 2? its destruction effect cannot be negated by any Stardust card (ive checked ingame)
Back to top Go down
dark_dragon

PostSubject: Re: YGO deck discussion thread   YGO deck discussion thread - Page 2 Empty2011-03-04, 7:38 pm

The Shang wrote:
that is one way to avoid it, but what about Speed World 2? its destruction effect cannot be negated by any Stardust card (ive checked ingame)
oh yeah, thanks for reminding me, there's that also. when you consider the game.. That aspect is one of the trickiest part when I play Turbo Dueling... If you opponent controls a monster, that will be simple. Suppose your Shooting Star has survived the Counter Traps, you can remove your Shooting Star to negate 1 attack of 1 of your opponent monsters, i.e. RFP Escape. Otherwise, I've no idea what to do actually. I tend to try to finish things up before they reach 10 SCs to avoid Speed World 2 effect.
Back to top Go down
dark_dragon

PostSubject: Re: YGO deck discussion thread   YGO deck discussion thread - Page 2 Empty2011-03-04, 7:47 pm

Speak of the devil, is there anyone agreeing with me that if Shooting Star Dragon and Red Nova Dragon still have their original effect from the anime, they'd be more overwhelming? KONAMI changed the effect of negating 1 attack by removing itself/themselves from play as a cost during whichever phase into the effect of removing from play itself/themselves and simultaneously negating the attack when opponent declares attack. This change makes them vulnerable to things like Emergency Evacuation Device or Phoenix Wing Wind Blast or Brionac... So sad...
Back to top Go down
The Shang

The Shang

PostSubject: Re: YGO deck discussion thread   YGO deck discussion thread - Page 2 Empty2011-03-04, 7:54 pm

dont forget anything that removes them from play like Dark Core and Dimensional Prison (especially Dimensional Prison). in WC 2011 team Ragnarok likes to spam Dimensional Prison. it always made me lose against Harald until i started using Imperial Iron Wall and Tyrant's Temper (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Tyrant%27s_Temper)

click the link for info
Back to top Go down
dark_dragon

PostSubject: Re: YGO deck discussion thread   YGO deck discussion thread - Page 2 Empty2011-03-04, 8:04 pm

Those stuff sure are crazy, I must admit. But for me I'll just simply put in 2-3 Trap Stuns. Dark Core... I don't know, I haven't met that card in the game before. But Dark Core can't do a thing to Shooting Star Dragon if your opponent controls a monster. You'd just RFP and negate the attack, to simply put it.
Back to top Go down
The Shang

The Shang

PostSubject: Re: YGO deck discussion thread   YGO deck discussion thread - Page 2 Empty2011-03-04, 8:17 pm

true

about Trap Stun, you could combine it with Tyrant's Temper and have Trap Stun to fall back on
though unrelated, there is also Tyrant's Tirade (quite costly) and Tyrant's Violence (same cost as Tirade, OCG only)

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Tyrant%27s_Insults
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Tyrant%E2%80%99s_Violence

again, click the links for info

ill put up my Naturia deck either tomorrow or on Sunday
Back to top Go down
dark_dragon

PostSubject: Re: YGO deck discussion thread   YGO deck discussion thread - Page 2 Empty2011-03-04, 8:25 pm

I'm aware of all those since I keep checking new cards on YGO wiki regularly, thanks anyways. The "Emperor related series" Continuous Trap cards are quite powerful, but tributing 2 monsters is... hix too heavy of a cost to pay. Looking forward to your Naturia deck. I'm adjusting my Plant deck so it must be in 3-4 days that I can finish editing. New banlist drives me crazy...
Back to top Go down
darkash

darkash

PostSubject: Re: YGO deck discussion thread   YGO deck discussion thread - Page 2 Empty2011-03-05, 9:39 am

here's my deck:
it's a lightsworn deck
Spoiler:

It's quite powerful against many decks on my school
It's concentrating on summoning Gragonith as beatdown or a reversal using Judgment though it still loses against Macro and Backwing Sad
Back to top Go down
The Shang

The Shang

PostSubject: Re: YGO deck discussion thread   YGO deck discussion thread - Page 2 Empty2011-03-05, 9:52 am

well, it's Naturia time!

Spoiler:

unfortunately, i'm missing key cards like the majority of the Naturia synchro monsters Sad
Back to top Go down
YuseiYami

YuseiYami

PostSubject: Re: YGO deck discussion thread   YGO deck discussion thread - Page 2 Empty2011-03-05, 10:34 am

I would put in 3 N. Cherries and run Cosmobeet on 2. Where is Bambooshoot?
Back to top Go down
dark_dragon

PostSubject: Re: YGO deck discussion thread   YGO deck discussion thread - Page 2 Empty2011-03-05, 12:12 pm

darkash wrote:
here's my deck:
it's a lightsworn deck
Spoiler:

It's quite powerful against many decks on my school
It's concentrating on summoning Gragonith as beatdown or a reversal using Judgment though it still loses against Macro and Backwing Sad
Well, it's understandable why you'd lose against Macro Cosmos when running a LS deck actually. Almost any deck fears it. But, nowadays, Imperial Iron Wall has become sth standard in LS Side deck. And the trend to run a pure LS deck is no more. Now, people tend to run Twilight with 2 JD (Judgment Dragon) 1 DAD (Dark Armed Dragon) 2-3 Chaos Sorcerer (Unlimited in new banlist), max Ryko, at least 2 Lyla, 1 Lumina (Limited), 2-3 Wulf, 1-2 Celestia, ignore Gragonith. Dark cards could be stuff like Plaguespreader Zombie, 2 D-Hero Malicious, BW Gale (as a Tuner, not as a BW LOL), Phantom of Chaos + Norleras (this is quite a fearful combo, but I think you can just put it in the Side deck), Trap Eater (side deck), 1-2 D-Hero Dasher (a good thing to be in the Graveyard if you're afraid that you'll draw Mr.Wulf), 1-2 Jinzo (to shut the Macro up), etc.
With the addition Dark line, LS won't fear any meta like BW, GB, or even GK and X-Saber. For non-Dark/Light card, there are always things like Dandy and Glow-up Bulb, Shining Black C, Maxx C to consider.
If you fear that you'd have not enough variety of LS in your deck to Special JD, well, just add some tech card like 1 Jain and 1 Ehren and/or 1 Garoth. Non-LS Light cards. besides Honest which was Limited, are also powerful, like Effect Veiler, Cyber Dragon, some Fabled like The Fabled Cerbural (to come in TCG, like in some months, HA04, I think), and Rai-Oh. With a deck like this, you are able to add on an Extra Deck full of powerful Synchro Monsters, with superstars like Stardust Dragon, Dark End Dragon, Colossal Fighter, Mist Wurm, Brionac, Black Rose Dragon, and if you can manage your deck well enough, 1-2 Formula Synchron and 1 Shooting Star is not impossible.
Back to top Go down
darkash

darkash

PostSubject: Re: YGO deck discussion thread   YGO deck discussion thread - Page 2 Empty2011-03-05, 1:34 pm

the reason why I don't use twilight or synchro is simple
I don't know how to use and balancing the deck
last time I use synchro was a month ago
It was really not my type so I stick with my old lightsworn deck which is quite destructive I think
and about twilight I don't get it at all
I already construct it but it's rather quite slow
maybe with a little practice I will get the hang of it
Back to top Go down
dark_dragon

PostSubject: Re: YGO deck discussion thread   YGO deck discussion thread - Page 2 Empty2011-03-05, 3:36 pm

darkash wrote:
the reason why I don't use twilight or synchro is simple
I don't know how to use and balancing the deck
last time I use synchro was a month ago
It was really not my type so I stick with my old lightsworn deck which is quite destructive I think
and about twilight I don't get it at all
I already construct it but it's rather quite slow
maybe with a little practice I will get the hang of it
If you'd like to, I can post a sample Twiligth deck of my own and explain the style a bit. Actually, the matter is just about your fluency with each of your cards' effect, and your timing to utilise them, and your luck. That's it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: YGO deck discussion thread   YGO deck discussion thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

YGO deck discussion thread
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next