Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Watch YGO Zexal episodes

YGO deck discussion thread

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
YuseiYami

YuseiYami

YGO deck discussion thread Empty
PostSubject: YGO deck discussion thread   YGO deck discussion thread Empty2011-03-04, 12:08 pm

OK, I start this, for those, who play children's cardgames the ordinary way, without motorcycles on wings Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dark_dragon

PostSubject: Re: YGO deck discussion thread   YGO deck discussion thread Empty2011-03-04, 12:21 pm

I do play that so-called children's card game, but the thing is children can't play YGO properly and even some adults are too silly to play it LOL But I'd love to use a winged red motorbike stuff to duel also. Anyone give me one? ROTFL
Back to top Go down
YuseiYami

YuseiYami

PostSubject: Re: YGO deck discussion thread   YGO deck discussion thread Empty2011-03-04, 12:49 pm

You wont get mine! Very Happy And dont say anything against Dark Magician Very Happy

What I wonder is, with the new cards in the last episodes, will they ever bring them out? Do thex squeeze them into the Generation Force? Some extra editions tins? Whatever....
At least the Tech Genus finally are out!
Back to top Go down
dark_dragon

PostSubject: Re: YGO deck discussion thread   YGO deck discussion thread Empty2011-03-04, 12:56 pm

Yeah, I have the same questions as yours too. Hopefully, they will have the last set of 5D's right after Generation Force (if they do, it will just prove that Generation Force is just their way to make a nice promo for the childish Zexal which will predictably have much fewer watchers then 5D's). Anyway, I must say those cards in the latest episodes of 5D's are quite... too powerful (maybe the Jikaishin won't be much of use though) What's with negate the damage and Synchro Summon right in the opponent's Battle Phase?!? That's just insane! LOL
Back to top Go down
The Shang

The Shang

PostSubject: Re: YGO deck discussion thread   YGO deck discussion thread Empty2011-03-04, 2:31 pm

first deck post, my strongest CASUAL play deck (synchro of course Razz)
Spoiler:

The Deck Analysis option in WC 2011 gave this deck an S grade Very Happy

Last edited by The Shang on 2011-03-04, 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
YuseiYami

YuseiYami

PostSubject: Re: YGO deck discussion thread   YGO deck discussion thread Empty2011-03-04, 2:44 pm

Only one copy per card????

At the moment I am experimenting with a spellcaster/Loki deck (Dark Magician in the side Very Happy )

and a Quickdraw-Swap deck Smile Loads of Quiltbolts, Doppelwarrior and Junk Synchron.

Last edited by YuseiYami on 2011-03-04, 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Shang

The Shang

PostSubject: Re: YGO deck discussion thread   YGO deck discussion thread Empty2011-03-04, 2:47 pm

yes, it creates many different strategies depending on your starting hand

give it a try if you can and give me some feedback Smile

its a shame that I don't have stardust, but holidays are coming up and i'm going to get the red nova and shooting star tins (which contain archfiend and stardust, respectively)

btw funny story about majestic red: i bought the tin and pulled a ghost rare version from one of the packs. I lol'd so hard when one of my friends saw it happen Very Happy traded the tin version with him though
Back to top Go down
YuseiYami

YuseiYami

PostSubject: Re: YGO deck discussion thread   YGO deck discussion thread Empty2011-03-04, 2:56 pm

Ghost? Cool! I kept on pulling Majestic Reds until I stopped trading them off (must have been 3, in just a few boosters. Crazy. Same with Battle fader.
Back to top Go down
The Shang

The Shang

PostSubject: Re: YGO deck discussion thread   YGO deck discussion thread Empty2011-03-04, 3:05 pm

added a side deck to my deck post. it contains cards i would be willing to give a try

btw about lucky pulls, how about pulling Sun Dragon Inti and Moon Dragon Quilla in 2 packs? (this happened with that same friend of mine and he was pissed Very Happy)

i've got an E-Hero deck too. maybe i'll post it later
Back to top Go down
YuseiYami

YuseiYami

PostSubject: Re: YGO deck discussion thread   YGO deck discussion thread Empty2011-03-04, 3:53 pm

The Quickdraw-Swap Smile

Spoiler:

I usualy have weird decks Wink
Back to top Go down
The Shang

The Shang

PostSubject: Re: YGO deck discussion thread   YGO deck discussion thread Empty2011-03-04, 4:00 pm

hmm, if i get red nova/shooting star, im gonna need DD Sprite. im using it in my (slghtly upgraded) WC 2011 Synchro deck and works fairly well. that means im gonna stop running majestic red since ill replace majestic dragon. oh well.........

YuseiYami, your deck IS weird Very Happy

i want Bri Synchron >.<

anyway here is my E-Hero deck

Spoiler:

have fun Smile
Back to top Go down
YuseiYami

YuseiYami

PostSubject: Re: YGO deck discussion thread   YGO deck discussion thread Empty2011-03-04, 4:45 pm

But Bri negates effects (OK, for temporary power)
Never played E-Heroes Shocked I only know what Prisma does Smile

Here is the other weird deck: Revival of the spellcasters Very Happy

Spoiler:

Hope, TG Hyper Librarian will come out in Europe...
Back to top Go down
dark_dragon

PostSubject: Re: YGO deck discussion thread   YGO deck discussion thread Empty2011-03-04, 5:23 pm

The Shang wrote:
first deck post, my strongest CASUAL play deck (synchro of course Razz)
Spoiler:

The Deck Analysis option in WC 2011 gave this deck an S grade Very Happy

I like your Yusei Deck Style. How about +1 Debris - 1 Hyper Synchron, +1 Chaos Sorcerer (for a surprise!) - 1 Rockstone Warrior, -1 Iron Chain Dragon for +1 Black Rose Dragon? Also, sth like Mirror Force, Solemn Judgment and Call of the Haunted shouldn't go missing. Great cards like Doppel Warrior, Battle Fader, Cyber Dragon should be in main deck, mate. :-? And you can consider some cards like Glow-up Bulb (of Aki Izayoi!!!) and Pot of Avarice (for recycling good stuff). This is just my suggestion, I don't mean to say your Deck is bad or anything like that.
Back to top Go down
The Shang

The Shang

PostSubject: Re: YGO deck discussion thread   YGO deck discussion thread Empty2011-03-04, 5:24 pm

look up the Hero section on the YGO wiki. it contains info on E-Heroes, D-Heroes, V-Heroes and M-Heroes (last 2 are manga archetypes, though some cards have been released in the OCG)

Ancient Lamp, wtf?

dark_dragon wrote:
I like your Yusei Deck Style. How about +1 Debris - 1 Hyper Synchron, +1 Chaos Sorcerer (for a surprise!) - 1 Rockstone Warrior, -1 Iron Chain Dragon for +1 Black Rose Dragon? Also, sth like Mirror Force, Solemn Judgment and Call of the Haunted shouldn't go missing. Great cards like Doppel Warrior, Battle Fader, Cyber Dragon should be in main deck, mate. :-? And you can consider some cards like Glow-up Bulb (of Aki Izayoi!!!) and Pot of Avarice (for recycling good stuff). This is just my suggestion, I don't mean to say your Deck is bad or anything like that.

hmm, i have got Glow-Up Bulb, but it is in my Naturia deck(as is BRD). i could switch around some things though. Debris Dragon will not work, because hardly any monster has lower than 500atk in my deck (and those that do are Tuners themselves). i do not have Pot of Avarice, though it is a good suggestion and though i would love to add something like MF or SJ/SW, i dont have those cards Sad. i cant find a spot for Cyber Dragon. (Rockstone Warrior will not be removed anytime soon, its a personal favorite Razz)
Back to top Go down
YuseiYami

YuseiYami

PostSubject: Re: YGO deck discussion thread   YGO deck discussion thread Empty2011-03-04, 5:41 pm

Yes Ancient Lamp. Surprise Smile Makes LV 5 with Apprentice/Old Vinny, + Svartalf = Loki. And it backfires more often than not Very Happy I like the card.
You have a Naturia Deck?
Back to top Go down
dark_dragon

PostSubject: Re: YGO deck discussion thread   YGO deck discussion thread Empty2011-03-04, 5:42 pm

The Shang wrote:
hmm, i have got Glow-Up Bulb, but it is in my Naturia deck(as is BRD). i could switch around some things though. Debris Dragon will not work, because hardly any monster has lower than 500atk in my deck (and those that do are Tuners themselves). i do not have Pot of Avarice, though it is a good suggestion and though i would love to add something like MF or SJ/SW, i dont have those cards Sad. i cant find a spot for Cyber Dragon. (Rockstone Warrior will not be removed anytime soon, its a personal favorite Razz)
I guess you're right... Just 1 Dandy now... adding Debris isn't quite compatible. For myself, I have a Synchro Turbo deck running quite smoothly (unless against anti decks). My favorite combo is... Synchro Material + Formula Synchron Smile) There was a time when my opponent had like 3 Set Spell/Traps, and they Special Summoned Cyber Dragon since I'm controlling a Formula on the field. I then chained Trap Stun and Synchro Material continuously. They hesitated for a bit and... Normal Summoned another monster (no chaining back) and then at the end of their Main Phase 1, I Syncho Summoned Black Rose Dragon LOL That was hilarious!
Back to top Go down
The Shang

The Shang

PostSubject: Re: YGO deck discussion thread   YGO deck discussion thread Empty2011-03-04, 5:51 pm

@YuseiYami:
yes, though it is not a really good one. if you want i can put it up though

@dark_dragon
people seem to forget about Formula Synchron's effect quite often. it works to your advantage Twisted Evil

about anti-decks, a friend of mine plays an anti-synchro deck. it uses Intercept Wave and Synchro Control, along with De-Synchro and cards that restrict attacks and then goes for a direct attack with Memory Crush King. of course, he wants the Meklord series as well (especially the Meklord Emperors coming in Extreme Victory)
Back to top Go down
dark_dragon

PostSubject: Re: YGO deck discussion thread   YGO deck discussion thread Empty2011-03-04, 6:14 pm

It is surprising that the number of people who actually remember and utilise the 2nd effect of Formula Synchron is rather low, about 1 out of 3 for those I know. The rest tend to get shocked after they have their monster snatched away and their field destroyed. My deck has 3 Tuningware which are the best part of the deck actually. Very Happy 1 tech card I've just put in recently is De-Synchron seems to be quite interesting when it enables you to destroy 6 cards and draw 6 cards consecutively and simultaneously. XD
Back to top Go down
The Shang

The Shang

PostSubject: Re: YGO deck discussion thread   YGO deck discussion thread Empty2011-03-04, 6:21 pm

put your deck list up, it sounds interesting!
Back to top Go down
dark_dragon

PostSubject: Re: YGO deck discussion thread   YGO deck discussion thread Empty2011-03-04, 6:31 pm

Here it is. I call it "Shooting Turbo Deck". Tech card "De-Synchro" works when Synchro Summoning Junk Destroyer with Junk/Quickdraw + 3 Tuningware (called out by Inferno Reckless Summon or sth like that), destroy 3 cards, draw 3 cards. Then, De-Synchro and repeat that action. Your opponent field is clean and your hand is full.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The Shang

The Shang

PostSubject: Re: YGO deck discussion thread   YGO deck discussion thread Empty2011-03-04, 6:35 pm

thx, it looks really good! (set names were not really neccesary though Wink )

seems like every synchro deck atm runs Red Nova and Shooting Star
Back to top Go down
YuseiYami

YuseiYami

PostSubject: Re: YGO deck discussion thread   YGO deck discussion thread Empty2011-03-04, 6:39 pm

dark_dragon wrote:
It is surprising that the number of people who actually remember and utilise the 2nd effect of Formula Synchron is rather low, about 1 out of 3 for those I know. The rest tend to get shocked after they have their monster snatched away and their field destroyed. ...

I dont think, you can snach an opponents monster for the synchro, just because you do the summon in your opponents mainphase. A synchro summon can only be performend with face-uop monsters you control, unless, like fi Eccentric Boy states the exception. Formula Synchron doesnt state, that monsters of the opponent can be used.

Last edited by YuseiYami on 2011-03-04, 6:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
dark_dragon

PostSubject: Re: YGO deck discussion thread   YGO deck discussion thread Empty2011-03-04, 6:40 pm

Set names were an extra LOL since I use YVD - Yugioh Virtual Dueling - to test my deck before materialising it. Well, those dragons are famous and all due to their own powers as well as the anime. But I must say, running Shooting Star is simple, but Red Nova is a big problem. You can easily be emptyhanded with just Red Nova on the field. It's very risky...
Back to top Go down
dark_dragon

PostSubject: Re: YGO deck discussion thread   YGO deck discussion thread Empty2011-03-04, 6:41 pm

YuseiYami wrote:
dark_dragon wrote:
It is surprising that the number of people who actually remember and utilise the 2nd effect of Formula Synchron is rather low, about 1 out of 3 for those I know. The rest tend to get shocked after they have their monster snatched away and their field destroyed. ...

I dont think, you can snach an opponents monster for the synchro, just because you do the summon in your opponents mainphase. A synchro summon can only be performend with face-uop monsters you control, unless, like fi Eccentric Boy states the excemtion. Formula Synchron doesnt state, that monsters of the opponent can be used.
That's why Synchro Material makes it possible Very Happy
Back to top Go down
YuseiYami

YuseiYami

PostSubject: Re: YGO deck discussion thread   YGO deck discussion thread Empty2011-03-04, 6:43 pm

Umpf. OK Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: YGO deck discussion thread   YGO deck discussion thread Empty

Back to top Go down

YGO deck discussion thread
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next